Texas A&M-Texarkana Dramatic Workshop and Show Cancelled
An illness has forced the cancellation of a dramatic workshop and solo show scheduled for today at Texas A&M-Texarkana.
The Texas A&M University-Texarkana Program for Learning and Community Engagement (PLACE) dramatic workshop and solo show featuring Alejandro Garza scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 15, have been canceled because of illness.
Upcoming PLACE events at A&M-Texarkana include the following:
- Wednesday, Sept. 21, 9-10:30 a.m. - Dr. Michael Perri - SuperLecture, “Booker T. Washington and W.E.B. DuBois: A Study in Contrasts” - University Center 210
- Thursday, Sept. 22, 7-9 p.m. - Terry Taylor, Robert Jones, Jasmine Crockett, Lieutenant Thedford White and Officer Latriesha Grandy - Symposium, “Sharing Some Thoughts on African-American Men and the Legal System” - Eagle Hall, University Center
- Monday, Oct. 3, 6-10 p.m. - Dr. Drew Morton - Screening and Discussion, “Color Adjustment” - University Center 210
- Thursday, Oct. 6, 2-3:30 p.m. - Dr. James Presley - “Superfund Drama in Texarkana: The Battle of Carver Terrace” - University Center 210
- Tuesday, Oct. 18, 12-2:30 p.m. - Dr. Kim Murray – "Cultural Appreciation or Cultural Appropriation? A Conversation about Halloween Costumes" - Eagle Lounge, University Center
- Wednesday, Oct. 26, 11 a.m.-12 p.m. - Dr. Corrine Hinton - SuperLecture, “‘God decreed it so’: The Rhetoric of Destiny in 1963” - University Center 210
- Thursday, Oct. 27, 7-8:30 p.m. – Dr. Daniel Fairbanks - Everyone Is African: How Science Explodes the Myth of Race - Eagle Hall, University Center
- Tuesday, Nov. 1, 2:30-3:45 p.m. - Dr. Doug Julien SuperLecture, “Digitally Mapping Race in Texarkana” - University Center 210
- Tuesday, Nov. 1, 6-10 p.m. - Screening and Discussion with Dr. Drew Morton - “Do the Right Thing” - University Center 210
- Tuesday, Nov. 8, 1:30-3 p.m. - Dr. Kevin Ells - SuperLecture, “Verifying Sources in Science Reporting or How NOT to Broadcast about Race” – University Center 210
- Thursday, Nov. 17, 7-9 p.m. - Dr. Leo Chavez - “The Latino Threat: Constructing Immigrants, Citizens, and the Nation” - Eagle Hall, University Center