Texarkana Texas City Council Takes Up Budget & Taxing Items
Texarkana Texas City Council meets this evening and budget and tax issues will be on the agenda.
Here is the complete agenda for the meeting:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER BETTY WILLIAMS
III. MAYOR'S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST Upcoming City Council Meetings: Monday, September 24, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, October 8, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, October 22, 2018 at 6:00 p.m.
Parks & Recreation Events: September 15th Fall Baseball League Begins Spring Lake Park September 15th Fall Soccer League Begins Wallace Park September 22nd Chiari & Syringomyelia Foundation Walk Spring Lake Park September 22nd Texas A&M-Texarkana Softball Showcase Spring Lake & Wallace Parks September 29th Alzheimer’s Walk Spring Lake Park September 29th Kickball Tournament Wallace Park .
Proclamation Presentation IT Professionals Day - September 18, 2018
Appointments to Boards & Commissions
IV. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Called Special Meeting of the City Council held on August 24, 2018 at 10:00 AM.
2. Consider approval of the minutes of the Budget Workshop Meeting of the City Council held on August 27, 2018 at 5:15 PM.
3. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on August 27, 2018 at 6:00 PM.
4. Ordinance No. 2018-104 approving the cancellation of the November 6, 2018 general election for a Mayor, a Council Member for Ward One (1), a Council Member for Ward Four (4), and a Council Member for Ward Six (6) as all candidates are unopposed. Public Hearing: Council Vote: September 10, 2018
5. Resolution No. 2018-105 authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract for the Wagner Creek at Highway 82 Sewer Trunk Main Replacement in an amount not to exceed $264,925.86. Public Hearing: Council Vote: September 10, 2018
Open Forum: Comments from the public (Limit 5 minutes each) Per Council rules adopted April 9, 2018, agenda items scheduled for a public hearing or which have already had a public hearing are not to be addressed at the "Open Forum".
6. Ordinance No. 2018-076 amending the budget estimate of the revenues and expenditures for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018 and adopting the budget and appropriating resources for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2018 and ending September 30, 2019. Public Hearing: August 13, 2018 Council Vote: September 10, 2018.
7. Ordinance No. 2018-085 fixing the tax rate and levy in and for the City of Texarkana, Texas, for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2019 upon all taxable property in the City of Texarkana, Texas. Public Hearing: August 27, 2018 Council Vote: September 10, 2018
8. Resolution No. 2018-086 ratifying the recently adopted budget that contains a property tax rate that raises more total property taxes than the previous year. Public Hearing: August 27, 2018 Council Vote: September 10, 2018
V. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Resolution No. 2018-106 authorizing the City Manager to execute an amendment which provides for the extension of the Perot Theatre Management Agreement. Public Hearing: September 24, 2018 Council Vote: September 24, 2018
2. Ordinance No. 2018-107 amending the Code of Ordinances, Chapter 36, "Public Amusements and Special Events", Section 36-1 "Definitions", by amending Section 36-1, “Definitions”, deleting the word “parades” from the definition of “special events”. Public Hearing: September 24, 2018 Council Vote: September 24, 2018.
VI. PUBLIC HEARINGS
VII. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
VIII. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS
1. City Council
2. City Staff
IX. CLOSED SESSION
The City Council will convene in closed session pursuant to section 551.071 of the Texas Government Code for a private consultation with the City Attorney regarding City Charter Article VI and annexation ordinances. The City Council will reconvene into open session to adjourn the meeting; before adjourning the meeting, the City Council may deliberate on a matter discussed in closed session.
X. RECONVENE INTO OPEN SESSION