Texarkana City Council to Discuss Traffic Signal at Busy Intersection
The Texarkana, Texas City Council will begin discussions tonight on installing a traffic signal at a busy intersection where a 4-way stop sign was recently installed.
The intersection at Galleria Oaks and Cowhorn Creek currently has a four way stop. Due to traffic flow in that area, the council is looking at putting in a red light there instead. There will be initial discussions about it tonight with a public hearing slated for the first council meeting in the month of June. An eventual council vote would come no later than the first meeting in the month of July, if not before that time.
Here is a complete agenda for tonight's meeting that gets under way at 6PM at Texas side City Hall:
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER JOSH DAVIS
III. MAYOR'S OPENING REMARKS
Upcoming City Council Meetings: Monday, June 6, 2016 at 6PM (“Capital Improvement Plan” workshop) Monday, June 13, 2016 at 6PM Monday, June 27, 2016 at 6PM Monday, July 11, 2016 at 6PM Saturday, July 16, 2016 at 9AM (“Strategic Planning” workshop - location TBD) Monday, July 25, 2016 at 6PM
Parks & Recreation Events: May 26th Movies in the Park - Inside Out Spring Lake Park June 2nd Movies in the Park - The Peanuts Movie Spring Lake Park *Movies will start at 7:45PM.
For a complete list of Parks & Recreation activities and information call 903-798-3978 or visit the city website:
1. 2016 Internship Program Recognition
2. 2016 Texarkana Crime Statistics Report
Appointments to Boards & Commissions
IV. OPEN FORUM: COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC (LIMIT 5 MINUTES EACH) Items scheduled for "Public Hearing" or have been heard at a previous "Public Hearing" are not to be addressed at the "Open Forum".
V. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION Consent Items
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on May 9, 2016 at 6PM.
2. Consider approval of the minutes of the Workshop Meeting of the City Council held on May 16, 2016 at 6:15PM. Action Items
VI. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Resolution No. 2016-056 authorizing staff to proceed with proposed necessary work to upgrade from a four-way stop to a traffic signal at the intersection of Galleria Oaks Drive and Cowhorn Creek Road. Public Hearing: June 13, 2016 Second Briefing: June 27, 2016 Council Vote: July 11, 2016
2. Ordinance No. 2016-057 amending PD-02-13(GR) for revising the site plan to allow a building expansion on Lot 6, Block 6, Richmond Development 5th Addition, located at 4413 Galleria Oaks Drive. Bowie County Farm Bureau, applicant. Aaron Gaylor, agent. Public Hearing: June 13, 2016 Second Briefing: June 27, 2016 Council Vote: July 11, 2016
3. Resolution No. 2016-058 authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with J. R. Pope Company, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $107,320 for the concrete replacement for Meadowland Drive and Sunny Street construction project. Public Hearing: June 13, 2016 Second Briefing: June 27, 2016 Council Vote: July 11, 2016
4. Resolution No. 2016-059 authorizing support for a Cultural District Application to the Texas Commission for the Arts. Public Hearing: June 13, 2016 Second Briefing: Council Vote: June 13, 2016
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
VIII. SECOND BRIEFING WITH UPDATES
IX. SECOND BRIEFING WITHOUT UPDATES 1. Resolution No. 2016-051 authorizing the City Manager to write-off uncollectible accounts receivable. Public Hearing: May 9, 2016 Second Briefing: May 23, 2016 Council Vote: June 13, 2016
X. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
XI. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS