Texarkana, Arkansas Police Make 5 Arrests in Recent String of Robberies
Arkansas-side police believe they have solved several recent cases involving robberies at gunpoint of residents in the city.
Recently the Texarkana, Arkansas Police Department (TAPD) Criminal Investigation Division (CID) has been investigating a series of robberies where victims reported being robbed at gunpoint of personal property, including cell phones and money. Details of the three reported incidents are as follows;
1. On November 4, 2016 at the 3300 Block of Washington Street at 11:30AM, a female victim reported she was robbed at gunpoint while retrieving mail from the complex mailboxes by three male suspects.
2. On November 23, 2016 in the 200 Block of Realtor Avenue at 6PM, a male victim, an employee of the business, reported he was robbed at gunpoint by three unknown male suspects.
3. On November 25, 2016 in the 4300 Block of North State Line Avenue at 3AM, a male victim advised he was robbed at gunpoint by three unknown male suspects and one female suspect.
Detectives have been working to identify and arrest these suspects before anyone was seriously injured. As a result, five arrests have been made:
• Kevonte Smith, 19, was arrested and charged with aggravated robbery (2 counts) and possession of a firearm by certain person.
• Rodrick Vann, 19, arrested and charged with aggravated robbery (3 counts), possession of a controlled substance, and breaking and entering of a vehicle.
• Kiona Easter, 18, arrested and charged with aggravated robbery.
• Phillip Cornelius, 25, arrested and charged with aggravated robbery and breaking and entering of a vehicle.
• Master Leal Jr, 22, arrested and charged with aggravated robbery (2 counts) and breaking and entering of a vehicle.
Anyone with information regarding this or any other crime is urged to contact Texarkana Arkansas Police at 903-798-3154 or the Texarkana area CrimeStoppers at 903-793-STOP.