Texarkana, Ark., City Board Meets Tonight
The Texarkana, Ark., City Board of Directors meets for the second time in March tonight at city hall. The evening gets under way at 5:30 with a Public Utilities Committee Meeting. The regular board meeting will start at 6:30 p.m.
Included on the agenda is a discussion regarding the city manager form of government. This item was placed on the agenda by Assistant Mayor Laney J. Harris.
Also on the agenda:
- A discussion regarding the evaluation form for the City Manager, City Attorney, and City Prosecutor. This item was placed on the agenda by Mayor Ruth Penney Bell.
- A discussion as whether to charge three cents per page for Freedom of Information Act copies.
- The board will consider a resolution approving the FY 2015 budget amendment.
- There will be a presentation by Fairview Elementary and Washington Academy.
- A year-end recycling presentation by Recycling Coordinator Brandy Chewning-Lewis
- Wrap up on the 2015 Governor's Conference on Tourism by Parks Superintendent Ross Cowling.
- Closed executive session. Board members are expected to adopt resolutions making appointments to various boards, commissions, and committees (Advertising and Promotion, Airport Authority, City Beautiful Commission and Planning Commission. There will also be a look at board and commission term expirations.
- The consent agenda includes granting permission to Hopkins Icehouse to hold the "Claws for Cause" American Cancer Society Fundraiser on Saturday, May 16th.
- The board also will discuss approving the request to hold the 71st Annual Four States Fair Parade on Saturday September 12
- The board will discuss authorizing the police department to submit the Violence Against Women Act Grant application
- The board will consider the final consent resolution is to authorize and direct the city manager to award the construction contract for the Recycling Center Addition to TDC General Contractors, LLC.
The public is invited to attend the open portions of tonight's meeting at city hall.