Phillip Fox Band to Headline Texas A&M-Texarkana 2015 Homecoming Week
Texas A&M University-Texarkana is gearing up for a fun-filled 2015 Homecoming Week, beginning Monday, Sept. 28, and ending Saturday, Oct. 3, with the Eagles women’s soccer match against Louisiana College at 4PM at Eagle Field.
The A&M-Texarkana Alumni Association has two special events planned during Homecoming Week — the 2015 Eagle Roundup: A Celebration of Distinguished Alumni and Faculty on Thursday, Oct. 1, at 6:30PM in Eagle Hall of the University Center and the 2015 Eagle Chili Fest and Tailgate Party on game day in the Bringle Lake Village parking lot adjacent to Eagle Field.
“Homecoming is an exciting time for our students, alumni, current and former faculty, staff and the community,” said Mark Missildine of the Alumni Relations office. “We hope the entire Texarkana community will join us in painting the town maroon and navy and in celebrating a growing tradition at A&M-Texarkana.”
Celeste McNiel, assistant director of Student Life, said the university will host a variety of events that will be of interest to and open to the community.
“We would love to see everyone join in the homecoming week fun and come out to Eagle Field for the homecoming game,” McNiel said. “We are so grateful to be a part of the Texarkana community and to have the support of the citizens and businesses of the region.”
The schedule of A&M-Texarkana 2015 Homecoming Week activities is as follows:
Monday, Sept. 28
• Spirit banner competition
• Paint the Town Maroon and Navy
• University decorating contest
• Chalk the Walk Block Party featuring the Phillip Fox Band, 6PM., University Center lawn
Tuesday, Sept. 29
• Freshman bonfire pallet painting, 11AM to 1PM., University Center lawn
• South Central Kings of Comedy, 7PM., Eagle Hall
Wednesday, Sept. 30
• Rally on the Lawn, 11AM to 1PM., University Center lawn
• Homecoming court announcement, 12 Noon, University Center lawn
• “Inside Out,” outdoor movie, 8PM., University Center lawn
Thursday, Oct. 1
• 2015 Eagle Roundup: A Celebration of Distinguished Alumni and Faculty, 6:30PM.,Eagle Hall, University Center
• Senior Torchlight Parade, 8PM
• Bonfire, 8:30PM
Friday, Oct. 2
• Glow Run, 8:30PM
Saturday, Oct. 3
• Eagle Chili Fest and Tailgate Party, 12 Noon
• Pre-game activities (tailgating, roving balloon artist, etc.), 12-4PM
• Homecoming game, 4PM., Eagle Field
• Homecoming queen/king announcement, half-time, Eagle Field
For more information, to enter the Eagle Chili Fest or to reserve a free tailgating space, visit their website.
Here's a sneak preview of the Phillip Fox Band.