Leadership Texarkana Brings Big Name Speakers to Leadercast 2015
Leadership Texarkana is bringing big names to Leadercast this year. The event is Friday, May 8, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Truman Arnold Center at Texarkana College.
This will be a great program for you and your team to gain wisdom from leaders worth following. This is a simulcast live event going out to more than 130,000 leaders like you in communities like ours, watching in 600 sites around the globe.
Speakers include Rudy Giuliani, the legendary 107th Mayor of New York City; Malala Yousafzai, Nobel Laureate and founder of the Malala Fund, also named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time Magazine in 2013; Bill and Giuliana Rancic, award-winning personalities and co-hosts of Leadercast; and many others. To get a full list of speakers visit Leadership Texarkana online.
Presented for the community by Leadership Texarkana as part of LIFT - in conjunction with Event Partner Texarkana College and promo partner Texarkana Chamber of Commerce. Cost for the event is $75 for individuals with group discounts available. Registration includes Chick Fil A lunch and materials with CEUs available.
More about Leadership Texarkana:
The MISSION of LEADERSHIP TEXARKANA is to Cultivate, Connect, and Engage Leaders in Working Together for Community Excellence, Pride, and Progress.
Believing that every organization - or community - rises or falls on its commitment to leadership–Leadership Texarkana is invested in:
1) Educating leaders for our community, through
- The FLAGSHIP LT Class - an annual 9-month program for 30 community leaders
- Today’s Youth, Tomorrow’s Leaders for area high school students, and
- Ongoing opportunities for in-depth understanding of community issues and leadership training for graduates.
2) Identifying and celebrating models of exemplary community leadership through the annual Wilbur and Idalee Hawkins Awards - because “…EXAMPLE is not the main thing in influencing others, it is the ONLY thing.” (Albert Schweitzer)
Most importantly - Leadership Texarkana is invested in:
3) Engaging the greater Texarkana community in leadership for Working Together for Community Excellence - through LIFT, the Leadership Initiative for Texarkana launched in spring 2012.
Why Should You Care?
Working Together is the key to our community’s best future. When we don’t work together, we are settling for half as nice and miss opportunities for excellence that would benefit us all: our businesses, our families, our institutions, our city governments, our region. As importantly, when we aren’t focused on our best, we limit our ability to attract others to our area.