Free Movies on the River in Camden Start Saturday
Great places to visit this fall are right here in the state of Arkansas and not too far from Texarkana.
Movies on the River runs now through October 24 at the Camden, Ark., Riverwalk Amphitheater. Watch Hollywood blockbuster movies for free under the stars and against the backdrop of the majestic Ouachita River on the big screen -- complete with massive theater-style sound every Saturday night at about 8:15PM.
The free movie nights start at dusk, and there will be pre-show entertainment 30 minutes before each showing. Vendors will be on hand for snacks or you can bring your own drinks, water, lawn chairs and other goodies before settling down for the movie.
Here's the schedule:
• August 29: Insurgent Rated PG-13
• September 5: Remember The Titans Rated PG
• September 12: The Boxtrolls Rated PG
• September 19: Cinderella Rated PG
• September 26: Furious 7 Rated PG13
• October 3: Annie Rated PG
• October 10: The Karate Kid Rated PG
• October 17: Big Hero 6 Rated PG
• October 24: Avengers: Age of Ultron Rated PG-13
The Riverwalk Amphitheater is located in the riverwalk area at 405 Washington St. SE. in downtown Camden.
For more information about Camden’s Movies on the River, call the city of Camden at 870-837-5500 or visit their website.
Camden is located 86 miles from Texarkana, which takes about one hour and 36 minutes to drive.