5 Things You Need to Know For ‘Sparks In The Park’
"Sparks In The Park" is the annual fireworks show in Texarkana and I thought we needed to share five things that you may not know about this great family-friendly event.
1. The event is free. "Sparks in the Park' is held at the Four States Fairgrounds and admission is free, and so is the parking. There are free games for the kids to do leading up to the fireworks show. Just look for the radio stations tents and find out what game you want to play and everyone gets prizes just for playing. There will be a charge for rides in the monster truck.
2. This year it will be on June 30th. This is something we get questions all the time. Why do you do the show on a day other than the July 4th? We want to have a rainout day in case of bad weather. With this date, we can get more volunteers for the event an that means more neat things for you to do like bounce houses and games, including the big sandbox. It also allows our police department to have a large number of officers to make sure we are all safe. On July 4th, they have to increase patrols on roads and of course more fireworks calls keep them busy and they would be spread too thin.
3. Please no animals at the event. We can not stress this enough. The fireworks scare the animals and it would be wise for you to also make sure your animals at home have a 'safe place' to go during the show. If your kids are scared of big noises and booms make sure to bring ear plugs or ear muffs to make the fireworks an enjoyable experience without all of the big booms that may scare them.
4. You can hear the fireworks music on our sister station Eagle 106.3. We play the music that the fireworks are coordinated to on Texarkana's Classic Rock Station Eagle 106.3. Just tune in your radio to the station or you can listen to our station apps on your phone or tablet.
5. There will be a free car show as well. There will be a great car show for you to check out as well. The "Hot Wheels" cool rides show will have Jeeps from the Texarkana Jeep Junkies, The Four States Auto Museum and many others.