Texarkana Texas City Council Meets This Evening
The Texarkana Texas City Council meets this evening at 6PM at City Hall for their first meeting of the month of May.
I. CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL, ESTABLISHMENT OF QUORUM
II. INVOCATION AND PLEDGE BY COUNCIL MEMBER DR. BRIAN MATTHEWS
III. MAYOR’S REMARKS AND ITEMS OF COMMUNITY INTEREST Upcoming City Council Meetings: Monday, May 22, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, June 12, 2017 at 6:00 p.m. Monday, June 26, 2017 at 6:00 p.m.
Parks & Recreation Events: May 11th Senior Day Spring Lake Park May 13th Heart Walk Spring Lake Park May 18th Movies in the Park – “Finding Dory” ** Spring Lake Park May 19th – 20th Baseball Tournament Spring Lake Park.
For a complete list of Parks and Recreation activities and information call (903) 798-3978.
Annual Peace Officer Memorial Ceremony: The 9th annual ceremony for fallen Peace Officers will be held at 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, May 10, 2017, at the Sullivan Performing Arts Center & John Thomas Theater located at 3941 Summerhill Road.
Presentations Put On Purple Day Proclamation – May 19, 2017 Kids to Parks Day Proclamation – May 20, 2017 Appointments to Boards & Commissions
IV. OPEN FORUM: COMMENTS FROM THE PUBLIC (LIMIT 5 MINUTES EACH) Items scheduled for “Public Hearing” or have been heard at a previous “Public Hearing” are not to be addressed at the “Open Forum”.
V. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
1. Consider approval of the minutes of the Regular Meeting of the City Council held on April 24, 2017 at 6:00 PM.
2. Ordinance No. 2017-051 amending budget expenditures for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2017 to appropriate additional funding in the Rotary Splash Pad Fund in the amount of Seven Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($7,500) for donations received. Public Hearing: Second Briefing: Council Vote: May 8, 2017
VI. FIRST BRIEFINGS
1. Resolution No. 2017-052 approving TxDOT Transportation Alternatives Set Aside Grant Program application. Public Hearing: May 8, 2017 Second Briefing: Council Vote: May 8, 2017
VII. PUBLIC HEARINGS
1. Ordinance No. 2017-045 amending the Code of Ordinances Chapter 18 “Fire Protection and Emergency Medical Services”, Section 18.14 “Outdoor Burning”. Public Hearing: May 8, 2017 Second Briefing: May 22, 2017 Council Vote: June 12, 2017
2. Ordinance No. 2017-048 rezoning Lot 11, Block 6, Richmond Hills 2nd Addition, located at 3102 Richmond Road. Office to General Retail. Gary Treadway, applicant. Public Hearing: May 8, 2017 Second Briefing: May 22, 2017 Council Vote: June 12, 2017
3. Resolution No. 2017-050 authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement for legal services with Lynn, Ross & Gannaway, LLC. Public Hearing: May 8, 2017 Second Briefing: May 22, 2017 Council Vote: June 12, 2017
VIII. SECOND BRIEFING WITH UPDATES
IX. SECOND BRIEFING WITHOUT UPDATES
X. ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION
XI. ADMINISTRATIVE COMMENTS