Family Fun at Sparks in the Park on Saturday, June 24
Food, live music, kids’ games and fireworks are awaiting you at Sparks in the Park this year. Mark your calendar for Saturday, June 24, so you don’t miss it. Admission is free.
Sparks in the Park is a family-fun event where there is something for everyone to enjoy. Get fair food and beverages while the kids play games to win prizes. Listen to local artists perform on the stage then get ready for a fantastic fireworks show that begins at 9:30PM.
It’s an Independence Day celebration with live music, family-friendly events and a fireworks show choreographed to music. Visit the kids play areas with bounce houses and the giant sandbox. Get your face painted and experience the rock climbing wall. Cool off in the AG Learning Center. Plus, you can ride the kiddie train and see the Lead Foot Mud Drag Trucks up close and personal. And there are contests where you could win some great prizes.
- Costume Contest: Wear your best patriotic outfits with lots of red, white and blue.
- Strollers and Rollers Contest: Get the babies into the costume contest by dressing up their strollers with red, white and blue.
- Photo Contest: If you love to take photos, this is the contest for you. Sign up now and get ready to snap pictures until your fingers are numb.
- Ice Cream Contest: Sign up to make your favorite batch of ice cream at home and bring it to Sparks to go up against others who think they have the best ice cream in all of the land.
Check back soon for entry forms to be posted online.
Remember the rules for the event:
- No alcohol
- No personal coolers
- No pets
- No personal fireworks
Schedule of Events and Activities:
Entertainment on Stage
- Opening Ceremonies at 6PM
- Live Music Kicks Off at 6:30PM
Activities 4PM til Dark
- Giant sandbox—15 yards of fun
- Bounce Houses
- Red River Army Depot tanks/trucks
- Climbing Wall
- Darby Games from 6:30-8:30PM—Hula Hoops, 3-legged races, sack races, bubble gum blowing, water balloon toss, beach ball bonanza, egg run
- AG Learning Center—cool off with educational exhibits
- Finley’s Barnyard—cutest animals in the four states
- Kiddie train
- Face painting
- Cooling misters
- Bean Bag Toss
- Hot Wheels/Cool Rides Cruisin’
- Patriotic balloons
- Texas cornhole
- Horse shoes
- Wash boards
Fireworks start at 9:30PM
Sparks in the Park will be at the Four States Fairgrounds located at 3700 East 50th Street, Texarkana, Ark. Gates open at 4PM and events are over just before the fireworks kick off around 9:30PM. For traffic route information click here.
Photos from previous events: